Conditions of Hire
1. The Hirer must be 18 years or over and is responsible for ensuring that the conditions or hire are complied with.
2. The Hall must be left in a clean and tidy condition items replaced in their usual position, any damage caused during the hire must be reported to the Hall Committee. At the discretion of the trustees a refundable deposit in addition to the hire charge may be required to cover any damage caused. The cost of any damage caused or cleaning required as a result of the hire may be deducted from the damage deposit and an additional charge made if necessary.
3. Other than serious accidental damage covered by the Hall insurance the Hirer agrees to pay full compensation to the Management for any damage or loss to the building or its contents caused by the use of the premises by the Hirer.
4. The Management have a Public Liability Insurance but it is the Hirer’s responsibility to organise insurance cover specific to any higher risk activity planned, e.g. bouncy castles.
5. The Hirer shall not permit the premises to be used for purposes other than those stated when booking.
6. The booking period paid for must cover the full period that the hall is in use, time free of charge may be allowed for setting up and clearing away by agreement with the trustees.
7. On booking a deposit of 50% of the hire charge must be paid within 7 days, this is refundable on cancellation up to 28 days before the event.
8. The Hirer shall not discriminate in any activities on the grounds of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious or political beliefs, or marital status.
9. The trustees reserve the right to refuse any booking without explanation and to cancel any booking on reasonable grounds. In the event of the Village Hall being required to cancel a booking, an alternative date will be offered and if that is not possible any deposit will be refunded. An alternative date will not be offered if the Village Hall consider the original booking to pose a risk to the fabric of the building, contents or the good name of the Village Hall. The trustees will not be liable for any loss that may be sustained by the Hirer as a result of such a cancellation.
10. The Management cannot accept liability for any loss of, or damage to any article brought to the premises, however caused.
11. The Management reserve, at all times, the right of entry to the premises.
12. The Hall is licenced to supply alcohol and provide entertainment. Any alcohol sold on the premises must be supplied by the Hall Trustees and a member of the Management Committee must be present while alcohol is on sale.
13. The number of persons allowed on the premises shall not exceed the figures stated on the Public Entertainment’s Licence displayed on the notice board in the premises.
14. Music at any function must end at the time stated on the music license.
15. Any accidents, injuries or near misses must be reported to the Village Hall and recorded in the book provided. This can be found in the blue cabinet in the kitchen.